July is bittersweet as we prepare to say goodbye to some of our wonderful residents. On a good note, we can smell the clubhouse renovations coming, so stay tuned for more details. There’s always something fun going on, like the 21 Oaks Auction event this month for new and gently used items. It’s never too early to prepare for the upcoming school year, so don’t forget to come grab a planner and fill it out with important dates at our Plan Your Academic Year event. Good luck on final exams to everyone taking summer classes.
- Stay tuned for our remodeled clubhouse coming soon.
- We’re hiring for new CAs right now! Access the application either online at communityassistant.com or come in and do it in the business center.
- We have less than 10 spaces left for certain floor plans, so make sure that you are tell your friends to complete their applications so they can live with you next year.
- We’re giving away a semester of free rent! If you haven’t already, renew your lease to be entered to win. Also, tell your friends to sign and they can be entered to win, too!
- Have you ever found it hard to talk to your roommate about issues in your apartment? Remember, our Community Assistants are trained and fully equipped to help you mediate these situations. Make sure you contact them whenever you need help.
Reminders & Updates
- Remember that if a car gets towed from our parking lot, you must contact City Garage & Body Shop at (803) 765-9780.
- If you are thinking about re-leasing your apartment for the summer, please notify a staff member.
- Remember that any social gatherings cannot exceed 10 visitors in your apartment at a time.
- We are not responsible for any personal belongings lost or broken on the property. Please remember to refer to your lease for safety tips when parking your car and leaving belongings in it.
- The Future Resident Parking and Management Staff Parking spots are both considered visitor spots after office hours. Cars must be removed by the time the office opens the following day.
- Remember that you must always be present with your guest when they visit or use the amenities. Do not forget to carry your amenities pass with you on the property.
- Keep in mind that quiet hours are from 10 p.m.–8 a.m. Sunday–Thursday, and midnight–9 a.m. Friday–Saturday.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Waffle Bar — July 2 @ 1 p.m. — Come by and make your own waffle with various toppings.
Supply Giveaway — July 6 @ 2 p.m. — All residents who have a balance of zero will be entered to win one of the supply baskets.
Smoothie Shots — July 10 @ noon — Come to the office and grab a cool smoothie shot already prepared on this hot summer day.
Plan Your Academic Year — July 11 @ noon — Planners will be provided for you to fill out important dates that are coming up with the academic year.
21 Oaks Auction — July 14–19 @ noon — Come by and show us how green you can get for Saint Patrick’s Day and take a picture to enter to win a $50 gift card!
DIY Tumblers — July 17 @ 5 p.m. — Come by and personalize your own tumbler.
Universe Jars — July 20 @ 1 p.m. — Come to the clubhouse and decorate jars to look like the galaxy in honor of National Moon Day.