We’re bringing in April with new opportunities, exciting changes, and fun activities! First were the new floors, property-wide Wi-Fi, and an updated and larger bus — now it’s the clubhouse. We would love to hear your thoughts on upgrades with our new clubhouse soon to come, and until then, we’ll keep you updated with all the details! Join and help us raise money for Relay For Life on April 13. As always, there are exciting and fun-filled events this month that you don’t want to miss. As the semester is coming to an end, don’t forget to study hard and finish strong!
- We had a wonderful time raising money for Relay For Life last month! Help us keep it going by donating. Donations will be accepted until April 13.
- Stay tuned for our remodeled clubhouse coming soon.
- We’re hiring for new CAs right now! Access the application either online at communityassistant.com or come in and do it in the business center.
- We’re leasing fast, so make sure that you’re telling your friends to complete their applications so they can live with you next year.
Reminders & Updates
- Remember that if a car gets towed from our parking lot, you must contact City Garage & Body Shop at (803) 765-9780.
- To print in our business center, you must bring your own paper. If you need color prints, you must come during office hours. You must use the Mac computers to print.
- Remember that you must always be present with your guest when they visit or use the amenities. Don’t forget to carry your amenities pass with you on the property.
- Reminder: All fitness equipment must be used and kept in the fitness center and not in the yoga/Pilates studio.
- The Future Resident Parking and Management Staff Parking spots are considered visitor spots after office hours! Cars must be removed by the time the office opens the following day.
- Keep in mind that if you have an emergency work order, you MUST call it in at (803) 252-2634 and submit it online. Water intrusions, power outages, and HVAC systems are examples of emergencies.
- We have basketballs and volleyballs available in the office to use. You must have an ID to borrow one.
Lock Down That Internship with the Right Tools
In the coming months, universities across the nation will be partnering with businesses to fill internships for the summer and fall semesters. Internships are a great way to fast-track your career and gain valuable experience in the field you’re interested in. Landing the perfect internship may not be the easiest journey, but if you’re equipped with the right tools, achieving that dream opportunity is within reach!
In a 2017 article, Forbes stated, “Resumes are the gateway into the interview, and into the job. The importance of a well-constructed resume cannot be overlooked.” When you’re applying for an internship with that dream company, having a killer resume will push you to the top of the list.
By choosing to live at a Campus Advantage community, you already have access to an arsenal of professional success tools. One that could be really useful is the resume critiquing tool in our Career Success Portal. To access the tool, just log on to CareerSuccessPortal.com!
Community Events Calendar
Salad Bar — April 4 @ 5:30 p.m. — Come into the office and create your own salad.
Game Night — April 11 @ 6 p.m. — Come in and play board games. Participants and winners will receive Oak bucks to buy prizes, such as cleaning supplies and food, at the end of the game.
Capture the Flag — April 17 @ 7 p.m. — Residents will be divided into two teams, and each team will have their own flag hanging in a building. Each team must try to get the opponent’s flag and return to their building to win. Dinner will be provided at the end of the contest.
Spring Flower — April 20 @ 3 p.m. — Stop by the clubhouse and decorate your own flowerpot with paint. Once the pot is dry, you can fill it with soil and seeds and take it back to your apartment.
Earth Day — April 22 @ 2 p.m. — Come into the office and make dirt cups using Oreos, chocolate pudding, and candy.
De-stress Before the Test — April 25 @ 5:30 p.m. — Before taking final exams, stop by to color, eat some healthy snacks, and learn good studying techniques to help relieve some stress.