June will be a month to remember. We’re getting closer and closer to our new clubhouse renovations. As always, we have multiple events this month that involve a lot of summertime fun for our participating residents. If you’re interested in living with your friends, we have a few more spaces remaining for fall. Good luck to everyone taking summer classes, and congratulations to all the seniors that graduated last month.
- Stay tuned for our remodeled clubhouse coming soon.
- We’re hiring for new CAs right now! Access the application either online at communityassistant.com or come in and do it in the business center.
- We’re more than half way full, so make sure that you’re telling your friends to complete their applications so they can live with you next year.
- Have you ever found it hard to talk to your roommate about issues in your apartment? Remember, our Community Assistants are trained and fully equipped to help you mediate these situations. Make sure you contact them whenever you need help.
Reminders & Updates
- Remember that if you are moving out this summer and would like to schedule a move-out walk-through with a staff member, you will need to schedule one 48 hours in advance.
- If you are thinking about re-leasing your apartment for the summer, please notify a staff member.
- Remember to keep your pets on a leash on the property and to clean up after them.
- Remember that you must always be present with your guest when they visit or use the amenities. Do not forget to carry your amenities pass with you on the property.
- Keep in mind that quiet hours are from 10 p.m.–8 a.m. Sunday–Thursday, and midnight–9 a.m. Friday–Saturday.
- Glass bottles and pets are not allowed in the pool area as they could be health and safety hazards.
- Keep in mind that the hours for the business center and yoga/Pilates studio have changed.
Summer Like a Local
Whether you’re going home or staying put for the summer, take advantage of all our community has to offer! Summers can be a great chance to enjoy the area in some new and different ways. With the hectic pace of school, many students miss out on opportunities to get involved and have fun in their local community during the academic year — it’s time to change that! From festivals to parks and local attractions, below are some ways you can summer like a local. As a bonus, most of them are either free or very affordable!
- Do something touristy
- Visit a farmers market
- Check out a local sporting event
- Visit your Chamber of Commerce website to find out about local attractions
- Find a calendar of nearby fairs and festivals
- Enjoy Fourth of July festivities and fireworks
- Hike or bike a nearby trail
- Volunteer with a local organization
- Have a picnic
- Go to an outdoor movie or concert
- Run or walk a local 5K
We’ll also be planning events and activities for you throughout the summer, and if you need ideas for other fun things to do in the area, please let us know. We have information on area resources and a local calendar of events on hand to give you plenty of options. Have a memorable and fun summer!
Community Events Calendar
National Doughnut Day — June 1 @ 12:30 p.m. — Come to the office and pick a donut of your choice to celebrate National Donut Day.
National Iced Tea Day — June 11 @ 1 p.m. — We’ll have different types of teas available to sample, from unsweet to sweet to flavored.
Pizza Pizza — June 13 @ 2 p.m. — Come to the office to show us your pizza skills by creating your own homemade pizza.
Honorary Honor Roll — June 15 @ 1 p.m. — Submit your final grades, and the three residents with the highest grades will each receive a gift card.
Our Residents Are the Bomb — June 20 @ 1 p.m. — Come down to the clubhouse and make DIY bath bombs!
Selfie Day — June 21 @ noon — Take a selfie on the property somewhere, post it online, and tag 21 Oaks. The one with the most likes at the end of the week will get a $5 gift card.
Volleyball Game — June 26 @ 7 p.m. — Join us for an evening of fun as we head to the volleyball court for some friendly competition.