Now that exams are coming to an end and with summer classes beginning soon, we want you to know that all of our great events will continue! Not only will we have our normal events in/around the office, but we’ll have a volunteer day at an animal shelter and cookouts throughout the summer months. We also have a lot of great community upgrades coming soon, including new PCs in the business center.
REMINDER: Our rates will be changing very soon, so if you’re still thinking about renewing, make sure you call the office and see if you still qualify for preferred resident renewal rates!
— 21 Oaks
- If you are having any issues with your air conditioner, make sure you turn it off and the fan on. This will help speed up the defrost time so that maintenance can handle the issue as quickly as possible.
- Maintenance recommends leaving the AC at 76 degrees for the best results.
- Help us keep our community clean by throwing away trash and picking up after your pet and placing it in the appropriate bins.
- Don’t forget: We are pet friendly. All you have to do is come to the office and get your new kitten or puppy registered.
- In order to keep traffic accidents to a minimum, we must go in and out the appropriate gates. Anyone caught going in or out of the incorrect gate can and will be fined accordingly!
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month and is considered late on the 6th. Late fees will be applied to your account until payment has been received.
- The Resident Portal is up and running on our new website. If you have trouble setting up your account, try putting your first and middle names in the “First Name” box. If you have any further issues, call the front office and we can send your login information.
- Don’t forget that in order to set up direct debit, you must use a checking or savings account that has a routing/account number.
- If you ever have any issues with your internet or cable, call Pavlov at (888) 472-8568 or email them at email@example.com.
May Your Summer Be the Best One Yet — Congratulations from Campus Advantage!
As another academic year comes to an end, your management team and everyone here at Campus Advantage would like to congratulate you on a job well done. Being a successful college student or young professional takes a lot of effort, and you deserve credit for all of your hard work!
Over the past year, we hope you’ve taken advantage of all the opportunities that we’ve provided for you to connect with your neighbors, learn new skills, stay on top of your academic game, set yourself up for career success, and open your eyes to new perspectives and adventures.
Some of you may be graduating this year, some may be headed to summer classes. Maybe your hours will be spent at a summer internship or enjoying the sun on a vacation. Wherever your summer months take you, we want you to stay connected with us so we can continue to support you on your way. Consider taking the following steps to ensure your continued success as a resident of Campus Advantage:
- If you’re going to be gone for a significant part of the summer, make sure to prepay or schedule online payments so you don’t miss rent deadlines. Also, communicate your long-term absence with the management office so we can keep a pulse on who will be around this summer.
- If you haven’t already done so, sign up for a free account with the Campus Advantage Career Success portal to get resume assistance, job alerts, and tons of other resources to help you get a job!
- Got some free time? We’ll still be hosting some great events throughout the summer, so make sure to join us for some fun! Also, don’t forget to get out and enjoy our outdoor space and amenities that might have gone forgotten in the winter months.
- If you’re looking for a quality job for the next academic year, stop by and talk to us in the management office about possible openings on our Community Assistant team!
- Finally, if you’re still on the fence about signing a lease for next year — don’t wait any longer! Spaces are going fast, and we want to make sure you’re able to call this community home for another year. Stop by and see us in the management office today to renew your lease or get leasing information for a friend.
Cheers to the end of your semester, and good luck on any pending exams and projects you may have! Make sure to check out the calendar for events going on this month, and follow your community on social media to connect and fuel up for May.
Community Events Calendar
Utility Wars — All Month — Follow the tips/tricks we give out to lower your utility bill. The building with the overall lowest bill will win a pizza — for each apartment!
Oaks’ Declassified Summer Survival Guide — May 5 @ 9:30 a.m. — Are you taking summer classes? Want a new summer survival kit to help you succeed? Then sign up beginning May 1 by showing us your summer schedule. The first 5 people to sign up will get a personalized item of their choice!
Taco Tuesday — May 9 @ 12:30 p.m. — Stop by the office to get to know your office staff and fellow residents better while making and eating your own tacos!
Volunteer at Pawmetto Lifeline — May 19 @ 11 a.m. — Sign up in the office by May 12 to join us at Pawmetto Lifeline. We’ll be exercising the animals and helping out any way possible! Don’t have a ride? No problem! The 21 Oaks shuttle will be taking us to and from the location.
Come Shake Hands and Speed Interviewing — May 22 @ noon — Come practice your interview skills with us! We’ll give out a scenario, and each person/pair will go through different scenarios to get their skills down pat.
Get to Know the Culture — May 30 @ 3 p.m. — Join us in the office to learn about different cultures and make your own DIY items from the culture of your choice!