Time to jump into July with some great news! We’ve begun our new faux wood floor installation, and the color we have chosen is a weathered barn wood. Our spa has also received upgrades and is now up and running! If you’ve already left for the summer, then everything should be up and running when you return. Also, when moving out, if you want to schedule a walk-through with a manager, you will need to do so by setting up an appointment at least 48 hours in advance. The last day that a manager will be able to complete a walk-through is July 21. Come by the office for some helpful move-out tips when packing up and cleaning your apartment!
REMINDER: Fireworks are a fire hazard and not permitted on the property! Instead, celebrate the Fourth of July by grilling up a patriotic feast with one of our many grills on the property! Stay tuned for different themed Friday afternoon cookouts.
- If you are having any issues with your air conditioner, make sure you turn the A/C off and switch the fan to on, then place a work order through the online portal or by giving us a call.
- Maintenance recommends turning your AC up a few degrees while you’re away.
- Help us keep our pool open by keeping pets and glass away from the pool area at all times!
- We want our community to stay beautiful, so help out by keeping your balcony clear of trash.
- In order to keep traffic accidents to a minimum, we must go in and out the appropriate gates. Anyone caught going in or out of the incorrect gate can and may be fined accordingly!
Reminders & Updates
- Our office hours are Monday–Friday from 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month. On the 6th day, your rent is considered late and subject to late fees.
- When the floor installers come into your apartment, be sure to keep all personal items off your floor and in your bedroom!
- If you need any maintenance assistance throughout the day, you can always submit a request through your online portal account!
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Get prepared for our Superhero Extravaganza Social this month, filled with superhero movies and video games! We want you to come out and do some bonding with your neighbors and Community Assistants.
Superhero Extravaganza Social — Wednesday, July 5 — Come enjoy an after-hours movie night and video game social with your neighbors and Community Assistants, filled with superhero-themed décor like spider cider!
21 Oaks Scavenger Hunt — July 10–14 — Show us how well you know 21 Oaks by searching the property for fun facts and rare pictures with our staff!
Ice Cream Social — Friday, July 14 — Write one thing you have enjoyed about 21 Oaks and get featured on our social media — all while enjoying some ice cream!
Global Get Down — Thursday, July 20 — Bring your best guessing hats to try and figure out where these different drinks and snacks originated from!
Bins Over Boxes! — July 24–28 — Submit a short video of you doing something eco-friendly, and you could win a bunch of move-out supplies along with reusable bins to use instead of boxes for your entire apartment!