December is filled with holiday fun, good food, and finals! We believe that you can all make it through this finals frenzy. We’ll be having finals study sessions at the beginning of the month to help relieve you all of some stress. Come get into the holiday spirit and enjoy bonding with your CAs while having some free time after classes are all finished. Also, with classes being out, we’ll be giving you guys some tips on how to prepare and keep your overages low while you’re gone.
- We’re happy to see all of our lovely fur babies on the property. Make sure you keep them on the leash when you’re walking them around!
- Have you ever found it hard to talk to your roommate about issues in your apartment? Remember, the CA for your zone is trained and fully equipped to help you mediate these situations. Make sure you contact them whenever you need help.
- There are a ton of new things here at 21 Oaks, including property-wide Wi-Fi!
- Our renewal deadline has passed, but you may want to contact the office if you’re still interested in staying here for next year.
- We have a new CA here at 21 Oaks, and her name is Danielle! Make sure you drop by and say hey when you see her around.
Reminders & Updates
- All checks that you drop off must include your first and last names, along with your apartment number.
- Wireless printers that are set up over the 21 Oaks Wi-Fi can be detected from any computer that is connected.
- Now that classes are over and winter break has begun, remember to unplug all televisions when they’re not being used and cut off the HVAC.
- Remember that the printer in our business center is free for your use, but you must bring your own paper!
- If you’re putting up decorations for the holiday season, remember that string lights are not allowed! They use a lot of electricity, and they are a fire hazard.
- Keep in mind that if you have an emergency work order, you MUST call it in instead of submitting online. Water intrusions, power outages, and HVAC systems are examples of emergencies.
- Don’t forget that our shuttle stops running at 6 p.m., so be sure to plan your classes accordingly for next semester.
Tips to Help You Through Finals Week
The time that you’ve been dreading all semester is here: final exams. This is a very stressful time for everyone, so remember to take a minute just for you.
Studies have shown that when you take one minute just for yourself every 30 minutes, your grades will improve. Cramming has proven not to work because you’re stressed, exhausted, and less likely to absorb everything that you’re trying to learn. Taking a minute just for you will allow you to breathe and reset your mind as you continue to study.
After your minute, make sure to take 10 more minutes to review what you’ve learned, and then 20 more minutes of new information before you take another break.
Just thinking about final exams gets stressful, so make sure to breathe and prepare the right way. Whether you’re writing papers, presenting, or taking an exam, preparation is the best way to get an A.
Here are some professor-approved study tips:
- Drink water, not soda or energy drinks.
- Eat fruits and veggies to give you natural energy.
- Turn your phone off as you study to lessen distractions.
- Find a study partner so you can quiz each other.
- Use the on-campus tutoring centers or peer-led groups.
- Talk to your professors! It shows that you care and are trying to do well.
- Make sure to eat a good breakfast the day of your exam. It truly is the most important meal of the day.
As a member of the Campus Advantage team, we want to do all we can to help you succeed! Make sure to stop by your local front office to see what resources or events they have to help you during this stressful week. We know that all of you are going to do amazing on your final exams!
Community Events Calendar
Toy Drive — December 1–20 — Donate toys to Toys for Tots here in the front office. The building with the most toys donated will get a pizza party!
Candy Cane Gram — December 4–8 — Let us know who’s special to you by stopping by the office and writing a candy gram note to them from December 4–6. Then on December 7–8, see how many you have hanging on your door!
Late-Night Study Session — December 10 @ 7 p.m. — Come to the office after hours to study for final exams. School supplies, snacks, and energy drinks will be provided.
Don’t Stay Home Alone, Watch Home Alone 2 — December 15 @ 8 p.m. — We’ll be having a viewing party for Home Alone 2 for all of you holiday movie lovers! Enjoy some candy canes and unwind after all the finals stress.
Ornament Crafting and Hot Chocolate Drinking — December 18 @ 1 p.m. — Come enjoy some hot chocolate at the front office as you join in to make snow globes and tree ornaments!