We hope everyone is enjoying and loving their experience here so far. As always, we’ll be having some great events this month, so don’t forget to bring your roommates and your punch cards for some fun. If you have any ideas or suggestions for events that you would like to see happen, let your Community Assistant know. For all students, don’t forget to continue this semester strong and study hard for upcoming midterms. Also, look for a visit from your favorite CA.
- The 21 Oaks staff wants to wish a happy birthday to all residents with October birthdays!
- The renewal process has begun, so don’t forget to renew your lease to secure your same bed space.
- If you have any friends you are looking to room with next year, don’t forget to tell them to apply and sign today for a better chance at being roommates before spaces fill up.
- Have you ever found it hard to talk to your roommate about issues in your apartment? Remember, our Community Assistants are trained and fully equipped to help you mediate these situations. Make sure you contact them whenever you need help.
Reminders & Updates
- Remember that if a car gets towed from our parking lot, you must contact City Garage & Body Shop at (803) 765-9780.
- Don’t forget that our shuttle only runs on weekdays from 7:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m. The last pickup at the horseshoe is at 6:15 p.m.
- Remember to keep your pets on a leash on the property and to clean up after them.
- Remember that you must always be present with your guest when they visit or use the amenities. Do not forget to carry your amenities pass with you on the property.
- Keep in mind that quiet hours are Sunday through Thursday from 10 p.m.–8 a.m., and Friday through Saturday from midnight–9 a.m.
- Glass bottles and pets are not allowed in the pool area as they could be health and safety hazards.
- The Future Resident Parking and Management Staff Parking spots are both considered visitor spots after office hours. Cars must be removed by the time the office opens the following day.
- If your vehicle is parked under covered parking without the proper decal, your vehicle is subject to be towed.
We hope you’ve had a good start to the semester! Everyone should be settled in by now and ready to take on the school year. October will be packed with events and a special Resident Appreciation Week planned from October 2–6, so be sure to look at the events section in this newsletter.
Renewal rates and new lease rates are ready! Please stop by the front desk so we can answer any questions you have in regard to renewing your lease — we’re happy to help.
Get involved. Get ahead.
Did you know students who are involved outside of the classroom are more successful in their academic pursuits? If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to find opportunities to get involved on campus and in the local community. Your campus’ student activities office is a great place to start to find out about clubs, organizations, and campus events. You can also connect with our team to find ways to get connected. Whether it’s the chess club or intramural football, or volunteering at a local shelter, we would love to help you find ways to get involved both at your Campus Advantage community and on campus.
How are we doing?
Have you filled out your resident satisfaction survey yet? Please take a moment to let us know how we’re doing! Simply visit http://ratemy.community. We are always working to improve your experiences!
Community Events Calendar
Sandwich Bar — October 5 @ noon — Come build your own sandwich at our sandwich bar!
Clothing Drive — October 6 @ 2 p.m. — Bring your gently used clothing items to the office and receive a raffle ticket to be entered into a drawing.
Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness — October 12 @ 1 p.m. — Come to the office in your favorite pink shirt, decorate some cupcakes, and sip on some pink lemonade.
Scary Movie Screening — October 12 @ 8 p.m. — Join us in the clubhouse for a scary movie, popcorn, candy, and a lot of screams!
Popcorn Tasting — October 18 @ 5 p.m. — Put your taste buds to the test as you sample various flavors of popcorn for National Popcorn Day.
Resume Building — October 23 @ 2 p.m. — Need to touch up your resume? Come to the office for some assistance with your resume.
Creepy Spooky Scavenger Hunt — October 26 @ 6 p.m. — Can you find the creepiest items the fastest? Join us at our scavenger hunt for some fun and a chance to win prizes.