March has brought us a lot of changes and exciting news! After installing new floors and property-wide Wi-Fi, and getting an updated and larger bus, we’ve decided to keep the upgrades coming. We’re happy to announce that we will be having our entire clubhouse remodeled! Stay tuned for more details. As always, we have multiple events this month that involve a lot of goodies for our participating residents. If you haven’t renewed yet, don’t worry; just come to the office and find out how we can help you save your space for the fall!
- We had a wonderful time raising money for Relay For Life last month! Help us keep it going by donating all month long.
- Stay tuned for our remodeled clubhouse coming soon.
- We’re hiring for new CAs right now! Access the application either online at com or come in and do it in the business center.
- We’re leasing fast, so make sure that you’re telling your friends to complete their applications so they can live with you next year.
Reminders & Updates
- Remember that if a car gets towed from our parking lot, you must contact City Garage & Body Shop at (803) 765-9780.
- To print in our business center, you must bring your own paper. If you need color prints, you must come during office hours.
- Reminder: Any social gatherings cannot exceed 10 visitors in the apartment at a time.
- We are not responsible for any personal belongings lost or broken on the property. Please remember to refer to your lease for safety tips when parking your car and leaving belongings in it.
- The Future Resident Parking and Management Staff Parking spots are considered visitor spots after office hours! Cars must be removed by the time the office opens the following day.
- Keep in mind that if you have an emergency work order, you MUST call it in at (803) 252-2634 and submit it online. Water intrusions, power outages, and HVAC systems are examples of emergencies.
- If you ever find anything left on a shuttle or out in the parking lot, please turn it in to the lost and found in the front office.
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
For more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage, visit CareerSuccessPortal.com.
Community Events Calendar
Basketball Bracket Competition — March 1–14 — Residents will each receive a blank bracket and be responsible for completing it by putting who they think will win or lose during the basketball tournament. The resident who is the closest to the actual basketball tournament bracket will win a sports package.
Cookies and Cream Pickup Party — March 6 @ 3 p.m. — Stop by the office and pick up some Oreos and ice cream.
St. Patrick’s Day Fun — March 12 @ 1 p.m. — Come in and guess how many jelly beans are in a jar. Whoever is the closest or guesses correctly will win two tickets to the St. Patrick’s Day festival.
Pi Day — March 14 @ 2 p.m. — Stop by the office and grab a piece of pie — and write down as many digits for pi as you can remember. The person with the most correct numbers will win a basket with some sweet treats.
Go Green for Green — March 17 @ 10 a.m. — Come by and show us how green you can get for St. Patrick’s Day, and take a picture to enter to win a $50 gift card!
Chip and Dip Competition — March 23 @ 1:30 p.m. — Come by and taste all the different dips for National Chip and Dip Day, and vote for which one is your favorite!