Time to Fall into October!
The hot weather in Columbia is slowing down, but our events aren’t. We have a ton of spooks and thrills in store for you. Not only that, but we’ll be partnering with local places in Columbia to keep you involved in making our community greater. Please remember that our lock code to the 24-hour amenities is in your resident handbook! Stay safe, and enjoy all of the treats headed your way!
— 21 Oaks
- Have you ever found it hard to talk to your roommate about issues in your apartment? Remember, the CA for your zone is trained and fully equipped to help you mediate these situations. Make sure you contact them whenever you need help.
- Don’t forget to check your online resident handbook for the code to access our 24-hour amenities.
- Our renewal deadline is November 1! Make sure you come by and lock in your space for 2018–19.
- Remember, if it gets cool outside, turn the AC off and open a window to save on electricity overages.
Reminders & Updates
- Rent is due on the 1st of the month. Remember that you can always drop your check off in the dropbox outside the front door.
- Whenever you have pest control issues, call us and let us know so that they can come out and treat your apartment.
- We have popcorn and coffee available in the office for you every day. Make sure you come by and chat with us.
- Remember that the printer in our business center is free for your use, but you must remember to bring your own paper!
- Be sure to unplug electronics before you leave the house because they can still use your electricity when not in use.
- Keep in mind that if you have an emergency work order, you MUST call it in instead of submitting online. Water intrusions, power outages, and HVAC systems are examples of emergencies.
- Make sure all of your guests are parked in spots labeled as “Visitor” to avoid being towed.
We hope you’ve had a good start to the semester! Everyone should be settled in by now and ready to take on the school year. October will be packed with events, so be sure to look at the events section in this newsletter.
Renewal rates and new lease rates are ready! Please stop by the front desk so we can answer any questions you have in regard to renewing your lease — we’re happy to help.
Get involved. Get ahead.
Did you know students who are involved outside of the classroom are more successful in their academic pursuits? If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to find opportunities to get involved on campus and in the local community. Your campus’ student activities office is a great place to start to find out about clubs, organizations, and campus events. You can also connect with our team to find ways to get connected. Whether it’s the chess club or intramural football, or volunteering at a local shelter, we would love to help you find ways to get involved both at your Campus Advantage community and on campus.
How are we doing?
Have you filled out your resident satisfaction survey yet? Please take a moment to let us know how we’re doing and get a chance to win a $1,000 or $500 gift card! Simply visit http://ratemy.community. We are always working to improve your experiences!
Community Events Calendar
Scary Photos and Videos for SCarowinds — October 1–13 — Send us your scary or Halloween-esque photos or short videos (no more than 15 seconds)! We’ll judge them on their quality and effort, and post the honor-worthy ones and winners on our social media. The prize will be two tickets to SCarowinds.
Door Decorating Competition — October 1–29 — To participate, you just have to spookify either your front door or bedroom door. You have all month to create your Halloween-inspired door. Once complete, notify the office so we can judge your door. Winners will be announced and receive a bucket of candy!
Breast Cancer Awareness — October 13 @ noon — Stop by the office and put your hand print on a canvas with your initials. We’ll have pink items, such as socks, T-shirts, wristbands, and cupcakes for every participant.
Halloween Movie Screening — October 13 @ 8 p.m. — Come out on Friday the 13th and enjoy free popcorn, drinks, and candy as well as multiple scary movie screenings.
Pumpkin Painting Party — October 20 @ 5 p.m. — Come pick a pumpkin and decorate it for your spooky balconies and decked-out doors. Also, have some neighborhood bonding!
Mortal Kombat Hangout — October 22 @ 3 p.m. — We’re having our monthly video gaming tournament. This month, we’ll be playing Mortal Kombat on the PS4 for a $25 GameStop gift card.
Adopt a Puppy Day — October 24 @ 2 p.m. — Stop by the office to visit dogs from the Humane Society. Anyone who adopts that day will have their pet fees reduced to $175!